WOULD YOU LIKE TO GET MORE INVOLVED AT THE REGENT SCHOOL?
WHY NOT JOIN THE PTA?
What is the PTA
The Regent School PTA (Parents’ and Teachers’ Association) is a committed and active group of volunteer parents who meet regularly to organize social events for the school. The PTA Committee is a very social group who help to raise money for the school and local charities which are looking for financial support.
We work alongside the school to create a ‘Regent Community’ which is unique, caring and most of all fun!
How do I get involved?
All Parents of The Regent School are automatically enrolled as members of the PTA. No matter how little or in whatever way you can help, your contribution will be much appreciated. There is no formal requirement, it is up to the parent as to how they wish to contribute and get involved. It’s open to all; mums AND dads are welcome!
The PTA meet on Tuesdays at 5.00pm in school. There is not always a weekly meeting, as it can depend on which event is being planned and how much work there is to be done, so in reality if you can give up one or two afternoons during term time, that would be super. If not, please join us at main our monthly meeting, held on the first Tuesday of each month.
As an active member of the PTA Committee, you have the opportunity to become involved and to make a difference to the school and the children. You do not need any particular skill set but if you do have something unique to offer, that would be an added bonus and the PTA would appreciate your expertise.
If you have a bit of spare time and an interest in how you can help the school; the PTA team would love to put your enthusiasm to work!
There are scheduled events throughout the academic year and below are listed the major ones:
- Help to produce the PTA School Calendar.
- The annual Meet and Greet Social Evening. This is a fun social night involving new and current parents along with staff and allows everyone in The Regent Community to meet in an informal evening.
- PIF (Parent Information Forum). This is an opportunity for parents to ask the school management and staff questions about the vision, plans, developments and the day to day organization of The Regent School. Following the Forum, there is a cocktail party and once again an opportunity to meet members of The Regent Community, both parents and staff.
- The annual Fun Day. This is one of the biggest school events in Abuja. The day is full of activities, stalls, raffles and it is a real family affair. One not to be missed!
- Leavers Disco (Years 5 and 6). At the end of the academic year the older pupils have a celebratory party to commemorate, especially Year 6 their time at The Regent School.
- In addition to the above, The PTA are always looking for new ideas and ways to raise money to help local charities in and around Abuja.
- If you wish to be involved, please get in touch with The School Registrar, Miss Reine Dublin-Green or The Public Relations Manager, Mrs. Chiamaka Kalu-Uche in the School Office and either of them will gladly help you in contacting the PTA Chairman or Secretary.